Friday, January 29, 2010

Learning About Cloud Computing

I thoroughly enjoyed the session on cloud computing. It really brought light to my understanding of what cloud computing is and the role it plays. Prior to the end of the talk, I did not really understand why Amazon would roll out such a service but the links began to form as I saw how important data management was to their business. I can also see why it makes business sense for large companies to shift towards cloud computing.

There were a few questions that came to me.

I'm very much in awe of how much AWS can accomplish, to the extent of even offering services for computation purposes. The services that they offer appear so incredibly holistic as if they can address every need. Of course, it only appears to me this way because I don't know the other side of the picture: the needs of various businesses and how these needs match up to the services offered by AWS. This made me wonder, what else is there that they can possibly do? Is there something that they cannot offer?

On a different note, I was quite happy to know that Amazon is setting up a base here.

No comments:

Post a Comment